Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I like lots of things about Christmas...

When my son was just a few months old we were preparing for his first Christmas. We came across a book that talks about all the wonderful things about Christmas. "I love lots of things about Christmas. I love all colors of Christmas...red, green and shiny silvers! I love all the sounds of Christmas....people singing! I love all the smells of Christmas....cookies baking, pine wreaths! I love all the time we spend together at Christmas....shopping together, reading together, praying together, just being together! BUT, that's not the best thing about Christmas. So what is the the best thing about Christmas? The birth of Jesus!" OK, these are not he exact words of this book but you know what I mean right? The book goes on to tell us about Jesus. I just love this book and the message it brings to us. My son is now 5 years old and we still read this book. (not just at Christmas time either) I want to encourage each of you to focus on the "best thing" about Christmas this year! So, what is the best thing about Christmas? The birth of Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasha :)
    I'm so glad to have found your blog! Thank you for stopping by *She Sparkles* and for your kind comments. You recently asked if my Red Hot material was available. I'm meeting with a publisher now...so the answer is maybe??! I'll be sure to let you know!
    Hope all is well with you and your precious family! May the Lord continue to fill your life with your heart's desire!
    Sweet blessings ~
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete