Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Different take on the Footprints Poem...

The last few days, I have been feeling really down. I'm sure it is the weather! Being as on Friday, the temperatures were in the 70's then on Saturday and Sunday we were snowed in!!! Anyway, I have been feeling really down, not wanting to dig in the word like I truly do love to do. Last night, as I was praying, I was asking God to please help me get back on track. He gave me an illustration of a roller coaster which is exactly how I felt. I feel like I go up and then I go down, it is just never ending! Just like on a roller coaster as we start creeping up toward the top, we slowly start getting excited, feeling the anticipation of being on top. Once on top, we feel like we can see the world. It gives us a feeling of satisfaction. We feel motivated and inspired!......Then comes this unexpected plung! As we tip over the edge, our heart begins to race and our stomach starts to flip...then, as we let out a scream, the whole bottom falls out! But it never fails, WE WILL start that climb back to the top...one click at a time!

So, this was the illustration that God give me last night but that wasn't the best part. The big kicker was when He revealed to me that through the whole ride (this roller coaster we call life), He is right there beside us. He is our Partner on that roller coaster. When we plunge to the bottom (life's valley's), He is right there holding our hand, reassuring us that everything will work out. When we start that slow climb back up to the top, He is the One cheering us on saying, "You can do it! You can do all things through Me*...and I am right here beside you for I will never leave you nor forsake you*!" Then when we finally make it back to the top, He says, "I knew you could do it, I am so proud of you!"

"Lord, thank you for being right beside me every topsy, turvy, curvy, roller coaster path along the way! I pray that through our valley's we will grow. And through this, our mountain tops may seem closer with every trial!"

Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment